|Perioperative Nursing Certificate||OFFERED ONLINE|
Loyalist College Certificate
Have you completed this credential? Request your official copy: Click Here
This program develops and enhances the nurse’s knowledge and skill in the area of perioperative nursing. There are no labs in this program. Prior to beginning the program, students are encouraged to secure a clinical placement that can be completed upon completion of the theory courses.
Before registering in this program, it is highly recommend that students already work in a hospital or have a strong connection to the OR Manager in a hospital. Without this connection to a hospital, it will be hard to secure a placement in a timely manner.
Please view and retain a copy of the current STUDENT HANDBOOK by Clicking Here
|Current RN or RPN registration|
Please note: Proof of the above is required in order to go on placement, graduate from this program and receive your Certificate
|ADDITIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS|
Applicants must also have completed an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (30 credits) or an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or the equivalent, with credits at the college or general level, or mature student status as defined.
|Applicants who are 19 years of age on the first day of classes in the year of admission, and who do not have an OSSD, are considered as mature applicants. Such applicants must complete the required subjects for admission. If they lack the required subjects, they may be requested to write a diagnostic test.|
|NOTE: Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or who do not have permanent residence status are not considered under this clause.|
Before placement can begin:
1. All theory courses must be successfully completed.
2. Register for LMSP 8001 – Distance Placement Orientation. This is a free course where you will identify which hospital/s you would like to complete your placement at and will start to submit your pre-paperwork that is required before placement hours can begin. This paperwork includes a health form, clean criminal record check (applicants with any criminal record will not be eligible for placement) and immunization forms.
3. Once all pre-paperwork is completed and a placement location is secure, Loyalist will provide you with instructions on how to register and pay for your placement course. Loyalist will then provide approval to begin your placement. **Students may not begin their placement hours until they have received approval from Loyalist.**
For information on how to register for LMSP8001, email email@example.com.
Placement requests are required to be submitted to hospitals 3-6 months in advance. Based on hospital timelines, Loyalist will only submit requests 3 times each year:
• January 15th for Spring semester placements
• May 15th for Fall semester placements
• September 15th for Winter semester placements
Late request submissions will not be accommodated and will be moved to the next semester.
IMPORTANT: Due to the above, students need to be aware that placements will not occur concurrently after the completion of the theory courses. Students will be required to complete placement hours on a full-time basis.
Students may wait more than one semester for placement if requesting in a high demand area and/or currently do not work in a hospital.
NOTE: Some hospitals may require students to complete a Lab before beginning placement. Loyalist College is partnered with Lambton College to provide students with the lab opportunity. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This program is not currently eligible to receive OSAP funding.
To learn more about what other funding opportunities may be available, please visit Loyalist’s Financial Assistance Office by Clicking Here
|HLTH 8155||Perioperative Nursing 1|
|HLTH 8156||Perioperative Nursing 2|
|HLTH 8157||Perioperative Nursing 3|
|HLTH 8158||Perioperative Nursing 4|
|LMSP 8001||Distance Placement Orientation|
|WKPL 8003||Perioperative Nursing Placement (150 hours)|
|Please note: |
|•||Courses are listed above in the recommended order of completion|
|•||Students must obtain a grade of 75% or higher in each course to obtain this certificate|
|•||Students have seven years to complete the certificate requirements|
|•||Courses may not be available every semester|
|•||Students are responsible for costs incurred to meet placement prerequisites and requirements, including travel expenses and parking fees|
|For more information, contact 613-969-1913 or 1-888-569-2547 ext. 2318, email@example.com|