This introduction to survival skills and preparedness is a must for anyone who ventures into the great outdoors including hikers, canoeists, hunters, fisher persons and outdoor leads/camp staff. The course involves 2 evening seminars at the Bancroft Campus of Loyalist College, followed by a 1-day field experience within a forest in Bancroft. Students are to supply proper clothing, lunch/snacks, and transportation. Optional survival book at a cost of $30 per copy and a survival manual at $15 per copy will be available for sale.
• Proper gear/clothing/footwear
• Shelter-building and fire-building
• Signaling for help
• Setting snares and foraging for food
• Map and compass basics
• Being prepared at home and cottage
• The “what if?” priority survival skills