How to Register
In an effort to create and ensure a safe working and learning environment for our students, employees and partners, our preferred method of registration is online, by phone or mail-in.
Please Note: If OSAP funding has been approved, students must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Confirmation of Registration
There are 5 ways to register for your course(s):
1. Web Registration
3. Mail In/Drop Off
4. In Person
To search for individual courses review the blue menu on the left. If you are interested in a program you can use the red menu at the top and click on "Certificates & Diplomas"
Click here for a quick guide: How to Register Online (PDF, 4.05 MB)
Please Note: Web registration is available to domestic students only. For more information about registering as an International Student, please review the following section: International Students
Register via phone, Monday - Friday, 9 am to 4 pm:
Toll Free 1-866-344-9944
Mail In/Drop Off
1. Complete the Registration
2. Complete the VISA or MasterCard section of the registration form or pay your fee by cheque or money order to Loyalist College (post-dated cheques will not be accepted.) Print the course title and course code on the back of your cheque. (NSF charge is $35.)
3. Mail the registration form and fee to:
Attn: Continuing Education Registration
PO Box 4200
NOTE: The drop box is located in the main building (Kente), outside of Enrolment Services (Room 2H1).
1. Visit Enrolment Services (Room 2H1). Open Monday - Friday, 10 am to 3 pm.
2. Complete the Registration Form.
3. Pay your fees. Cash, cheque (no post-dated cheques), money order, VISA, MasterCard, and debit are accepted.
In addition to registering at the main campus, you may also register in Bancroft.
You must pay your fees in full when you register for a course. The standard tuition fee for most courses is a maximum of $5.59 per hour effective September 1, 2019.
The fee listed for each course will include the tuition, supplies or laboratory fees (excluding textbooks, unless otherwise indicated), a campus service fee, and H.S.T, if applicable. As of May 1, 2020, on-line courses have an additional fee of $104.50 to cover course accounts and technical support. Our advertised fees include all costs unless otherwise indicated. (textbooks are extra.)
Individuals who do not have Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status are considered international students.
Loyalist College may request proof of status in Canada.
Additional course fees may apply when registering for Distance Education courses as an international student. Before registering please visit the Loyalist College International Students webpage or contact email@example.com for more information.
To register for a course as an international student, please contact Enrolment Services directly at 1-866-344-9944 or 613-969-7900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Loyalist College Distance Education courses and programs are not eligible for study or work permit programs under Canada’s immigration guidelines.
Confirmation of Registration
A confirmation of registration letter is mailed to the mailing address provided. This letter indicates when and where the course takes place (make sure to provide your current address). This letter also includes a link to instructions for how to log in to courses for online students.
Students are notified when the course that they are interested in is fully registered and are provided the option to register in another course. In some cases, there may be an option to join a waitlist. If a space becomes available in that course, Loyalist will contact you. Note: Waitlists do not carry over to the following semester(s).
Withdraw from an InClass Course
- To withdraw from a course call 1-866-344-9944.
In-person, mail and telephone registrations will be refunded by cheque.
- Every effort will be made to issue web registration refunds directly to the credit card used, otherwise refunds will be issued by cheque.
- Refunds will take approximately four to six weeks to process.
- A $20 administration fee is deducted from all refunds.
Refunds are given if the request is made prior to the start of the second scheduled class.
Refunds requested for workshops and short courses (5 sessions or less) must be made 5 working days before the start date of the course or workshop.
Withdraw from an Online Course
Refunds are given if the request is made within the timeline posted.
For questions regarding Student Loans and Government Bursaries, contact the Financial Aid Office, Room 2H1, 613-969-1913 ext. 2226, or visit their webpage.
Other money may be available through our Scholarship, Bursary and Awards Department, 613-969-1913 ext. 2202
Reminder: Those interested in receiving OSAP funding for Distance Education programs must apply each semester.
- All courses have specific start and end dates and follow a critical path of instruction.
- Students are responsible for costs incurred to meet placement requirements, travel expenses, external proctoring and parking fees.
- Students have seven years to complete credential requirements unless otherwise stated. Learn more by reviewing Loyalist Policy AOP-224.